TICKETS available at http://www.burgerboys.com/

MiNiMumWage: The Burgerboy Chronicles

Current happenings with the new Off Broadway show, MINIMUM WAGE and crew members!

Thursday, August 23, 2007

Spanglish




Hi Guys and Gals!

I missed my blog last night, so please forgive me. BUT I'M HERE NOW!!!!

So, what shall we chat about today......

Well, it's morning and I'm relaxing a bit before the day starts. I think early mornings are my favorite time of the day.
They always start with me walking blindly towards the kitchen to perk up that coffee. Boy that smell wakes up my veins and my eyes slowly begin to open.....do I have an addiction? NAH!! Don't be silly.....

So then, I sit in front of the computer and go through some emails, make some calls, get my calendar in order.

Let's see what today will bring.

First I have a McDonalds voice over audition where I'll have to talk about the new Big Mac Burger deal.....mmmmmmmmmm.........how fitting for a burger girl.

Then I'm off to do a voice over for the MTV Tres Artist of The Month. This is where I have to read everything in english with an MTV hipster voice and then suddenly give my spanish flair during the MTV "TRES" tagline. Sort of like Spanglish.

I learned SPANGLISH from my Dad. You never know what language he's going to speak. Sort of like this......."Can you bring the agua from the table para el almuerzo Elena?" Then sometimes he means one thing but is really saying something totally different. Really not Spanglish at all......just plain confusing. For example, last weekend at a wedding this is what he said, "Hey those people on the dance floor are like the TIFFANY dancers eh?" We all smile, but don't really know what the hell he means. Then my Mom turns to us and whispers "He means CHIP AND DALES dancers." So yeah, MTV Tres is a piece of cake.

OK......so then at some point I have to walk Otis, my dear little french bulldog. Here's a picture of him, the other love in my life.



Later I'm off to rehearsals with the guys.

Well, It's time to start my day.........Adios Amigos!!!

Elena or Piercy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home