TICKETS available at http://www.burgerboys.com/

MiNiMumWage: The Burgerboy Chronicles

Current happenings with the new Off Broadway show, MINIMUM WAGE and crew members!

Tuesday, August 28, 2007

REHEARSALS and MORE!






So we've officially started our 6-8 hour rehearsal days. Whew! It's fun but exhausting.


DIRECTOR!


Guy Stroman our Director is an amazing match to our style of working. Guy actually worked with Stuart Ross and starred in Forever Plaid. I think back all th0se years ago when Jeff and I lived in Colorado and people would say "Minimum Wage" reminds me of a twisted contemporary version of "Plaid". Since I heard this so much it worried me and so I refused to see "Plaid" cuz i wanted to remain autonomous from it's influence. And now, here we are working with someone who I never imagined I would get the chance. Someone who's show is one of the most popluar OFF BWAY hits in American History. THRILLING!


Guy matches our style so well, cuz he enjoys working on the fly and crafting or reworking stuff as we go along, so the show is getting minor tweeks in all the right places. And it's also involves the cast so it's great cuz we get their insights, feelings about characters etc. I think it will only strengthen the show cause we're all trying for the best result. This challenges Jeff and I to go home after our rehearsals and write new scenes to help the project, often times staying up til 2 am or getting up at 6 am before our early calls so that we can have new stuff to read and see how it works. So that has been a great experience.

FRINGE CLOSING PARTY! (goodbye my lil Friend Fringe, we'll see you next year!)



Well, last night was the FringeNYC closing party and we performed the song "Dreams" from our show. We were so thankful and honored that Elena and FringeNYC would ask us. And I had a blast seeing all the familiar faces and outstanding award winners. So wonderful to see so many creators packed into one room.


BUT....Well..we didn't get to sound check and as we attempted to get through the song, it was just riddled with feedback and varying levels. Eventually it was just too much for us and we put the mics down and stepped forward and sang without sound.


If it was a small house I think I would have been fine, but it was a packed event and so I overcompensated to be heard. STUPID MISTAKE!



It was terrible. Not the best way to kick off our first performance in public for this run and I'm really feeling the effects today and very concerned. My throat is so raw it feels like shredded wheat or like I have strep or something. I think from now on, we're going to HAVE to request soundchecks, otherwise, we'll kill ourselves.



I'm going to have to be quiet all day and just hope that the rest will help. We start 7 hour rehearsals again today and I'm just praying I'll be ok.

BURGER SUITS?!?!

I'm also excited cuz for the very first time we'll have a costumer on our show. He's truly amazing and has a ton of experience under his belt. We've usually had a person to consult and do minor things but this is going to be different. I can't wait to discuss and flesh out the characters more and give them each their unique quality.

I've included a few pics of new character sketch ideas I did just for fun.



And thats it for today...

Ahhh...the road to OFF BWAY!






2 Comments:

At 5:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where are the pics?

 
At 9:37 PM, Blogger KareyMJ said...

Hey, Charlie!!! imean Orwall . . . he he im so proud of you guys!!!! im actually coming out to see the show sept 28 -oct 1. email me @ kjames@arvadacenter.org, kay?Love ya, Karey Montoya-James

 

Post a Comment

<< Home